We’ve travelled across Ontario, meeting with non-profits and co-ops that are developing iconic community projects. We’ve seen your excitement for financing these projects with community bonds. We’ve also seen that these projects are complex, resources are limited, and you could use some help.
That’s why we are launching Bond Camp – a 5-month program to give you the funding and coaching support needed to help bring your vision to life with community bonds.
Successful applicants will receive up to $10,000 in grant funding and coaching to increase your project’s investment readiness and prepare you on the road to raising a community bond.
How it Works
Expression of Interest: The Expression of Interest period has now closed.
Assessment of Needs: Tapestry and social enterprise meet to determine readiness and needs.
Apply: When ready, Tapestry and the social enterprise will work together to complete an application. Applications will close on December 1st, 2018.
Review: Applications will be reviewed by an independent review committee.
Decision: Funding decision will be announced on December 15, 2018.
Program Implementation: Organization is provided with the support needed to become investment ready. The organization will report on their progress, and upon completion Tapestry will provide an assessment of whether the organization is fit to proceed with the community bond campaign.
To view our Bond Camp Application Webinar, click here.
Know your Resource Gaps
Successful applicants will gain access to coaching support from the Tapestry team, as well as grant funding of up to $10,000 per organization. Grant funds may be put towards activities that will increase investment readiness, including but not limited to:
- Project feasibility
- Business planning & modelling
- Project planning, architectural renderings & zoning permissions
- Investor research
- Legal & accounting support
Find your Target Investors
Eligibility at a Glance
Are you eligible?
- You are an Ontario-based non-profit, charity or co-operative
- You have a project that you are trying to accelerate
- Your project involves the purchase or renovation of a fixed-asset (land, building, equipment)
- Your project has the potential for widespread community support
- Your total project cost exceeds $1 million
- You are looking to raise financing in the next 6-12 months
- You have identified potential revenue streams
Be a Community Champion
Raise the Bar
Champions keep playing until they get it right.
Billie Jean King